Farm Share Subscription Program
Get local produce and groceries delivered weekly to your workplace, church or organization. It makes healthy eating easy and fun!
Want to sign up? We currently have pickup sites at:
- Cabell Huntington Hospital (Huntington, WV)
- Lincoln County High School (Hamlin, WV)
- First Baptist Church (Kenova, WV)
Frequently Asked Questions from Our Customers
When you subscribe to Refresh Appalachia’s Farm Share Subscription Program, you get a weekly box of healthy local produce, eggs and other foods delivered to a convenient location near you. Because each box is filled with a share of whatever is in season at local farms, we call it a “farm share.” Compared to shopping at a grocery store, farm share subscriptions are:
- More Convenient: Shares are delivered to a place that you already visit as part of your weekly routine, like your workplace, church or residential community. You save shopping and travel time.
- Healthier: Each week’s share includes at least five fresh produce items. It’s great motivation to cook more vegetables and experiment with new healthy recipes.
- Fresher & Tastier: Most of our produce is picked within 48 hours of delivery. So, it’s super-fresh and chock full of nutrients.
- Better for your community: E verything in the “shares” comes from our network of local producers in West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky. Some items are grown by our job training program for disadvantaged young people and displaced coal miners. Others are from farmers in the region. Your purchase helps create a better economic future for our communities.
Each weekly farm share includes seven locally-produced food items, sized for a family of about 3-4 people. To keep things interesting (and seasonal!), the items are different each week. All customers get the same items, and you can also order add-ons if you choose. A typical share contains:
- Five locally grown fruits or vegetables, such as lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, peppers, onions, eggplants, cabbage, green beans, root vegetables, fresh herbs, or fruits.
- A one-dozen or half-dozen carton of farm-fresh eggs.
- A locally made value-added item such as jam, salsa, cheese, snacks or a baked good Optional add-ons may include: Local milk or yogurt, farmstead butter, bread, or locally roasted coffee. Farm shares also come with recipes and other information about how to store and cook your items.
Pricing for farm shares is based on a sliding scale. A discounted price is available to households that are eligible for SNAP and/or WIC. This helps us serve as many customers as we can, which is important to us!
The base price for a weekly 7-item farm share is:
$28.99 – Standard price
$17.99 – SNAP/WIC eligible price
Optional add-ons will be available for an additional charge. You can also save $1 by requesting a half-dozen instead of a dozen eggs.
During our startup phase, we ask that customers sign up in advance for the program and commit to sticking with it for at least 2 months (June-July). You will be billed weekly for the farm shares you receive during that time period.
If you go out of town and can’t pick up your share, you can invite someone else, like a friend or neighbor, to take it instead. If you don’t send someone to pick your share, we will donate it to a local family in need. If move or leave town for several weeks, you can temporarily or permanently cancel your subscription.